"Get Healthy is committed to providing the highest quality organic supplement and body care products at a fair price to support a journey to optimum health and wellness. Catering to all ages, Get Healthy places special emphasis on children's wellness and also stocks many vegan and cruelty free products."

October 15, 2011

Funny, sometimes it's the smallest decisions that change your life forever.

Let's get this thing started shall we?!?

Over the past month I have had the honor sort of being the female guinea pig around these parts. Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining, I've always been one to try new things. What's nice about it is that the products I have tried, I actually have fallen in love with and they have become part of my daily routine. ***Believe me when I say that I usually quit anything after two weeks.. cough... cough.. the gym... but I have stuck with this because it has worked for me***

So, this entry will be about some the vitamins and supplements that I have had the chance of trying out. Again, my opinions will be honest and you may take it or leave it, the choice is always yours :)

Product #1:

"Every Woman's ONE DAILY" by New Chapter Organics.
If one wants to start on a vitamin regimen this is a must. What is so great about this multivitamin compared to the ones you find in the GNCs of the world is that it is Organic, Gluten Free and Whole Food based. It's a multivitamin that also includes herbs and minerals to promote healthy stress levels, immune system and bone health. It is cultured with beneficial LIVE probiotics and here is the best part.... it doesn't upset my stomach when I take it early in the morning without food. This for me is a must, I never have time for breakfast and if I do eat breakfast it is usually a cereal bar type thing in my car after already having taken my vitamins.

*** men version also sold here ***

Product #2:
"Vitamin B Complex" by L.A. Naturals.
This product right here is working miracles for my body. It's primary uses are for stress, fatigue, poor diet, nutritional support and a toxic lifestyle. Other benefits include maintaining a healthy heart, assists protein and fat metabolism, essential for skin, hair, nails and eyes, provides cellular energy and creates biochemical balance in the body. It is liquid form and the way I take it is one time in the morning (after all my other vitamins) hold about 30 drops under your tongue for 30seconds and I repeat it after getting home from work. The reason this is liquid form is because B vitamins are water-soluble vitamins that are not stored well in the body, and by holding it under your tongue and then swallowing makes the body absorb this stuff right away (tastes like sweet raspberry). It's great for me because I am ALWAYS tired, especially running around all day teaching my little students, this gives me the energy I need.

Product #3:
"Holy Basil" by L.A. Naturals.
Primary Uses: Stress, Anxiety, Irritability, Mild Depression, Maintenance of Healthy Blood Sugar and Cortisol Levels, Antioxidant Protection, Inflammation and Pain.

The reason I use this product, and it has worked so far, is to reduce my stress levels and promote a healthy mind and spirit. "Holy Basil encourages emotional well-being and restores homeostasis to individuals who feel like stress has gotten the best of them." The way I take it is one veggie capsule in the morning and one in the evening before I go to sleep. It is a very calming feeling that comes over my body once it kicks in and is a must to start and end my day.

*** also available in liquid form, and Tulsi brand *** 

Product #4:
"Hair, Skin & Nails" by Shen Min.
Because I am a girly girl, I loveeee to take care of my hair. Clear skin and nice nails are just an added bonus with this product :) Tell you the truth this is probably my favorite supplement that I have been taking because myself as well as others have complimented that they can see the difference after just a few weeks of use. My hair feels THICK, and I have always had a lot of hair but very fine hair. When I blow-dry it actually takes me about 5 minutes longer these days because of the added thickness of my hair. I also love how it has everything I used to take in individual pill form all in just one pill. For instance this product includes biotin,silica, calcium, turmeric, pantothenic acid and so much more! The way I take this product is three capsules right before I go to sleep because I will not lie, these are horse pills (huge). I already take a bunch in the morning so I do not like to clutter everything at once, I take this at night because in my head I think that it is working it's magic while I sleep. So far so good :)

*** we also carry men and women's hair regrowth supplements and aides by the same brand ***


Product #5:

"Immuno" by L.A. Naturals
Primary Uses: Immune Booster for Immune Deficiency, Frequent Chronic Colds/Flu, Long Lasting Colds/Flu, Chemotherapy, Swollen Lymph.

Let me just say that this product is my life saver. I work in an elementary school, the breading ground for germs, bacteria and viruses.... gross!!! Washing my hands frequently just does not cut it and that's where Immuno comes in. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with that feeling of a minor soar throat (a normal sign that your body is fighting something) and I immediately put 30 drops of Immuno in water and drink it. My soar throat goes away and I have not been sick since starting teaching on September 1st. Woo Hoo!!!




Alright there you have it people, some of my favorite products up to date... more to follow very soon so check back often :) And remember, Get Healthy... Stay Healthy.

Yours Truly,

Julie

Ps. Don't forget about our GRAND OPENING on Saturday October 29th from 10am - 5pm. Lots of cool stuff going on that day so stop on by.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Julia, Im very impressed with the blog and especially like how informative you are with the products we carry. Look forward to reading next week.

    ReplyDelete