"Get Healthy is committed to providing the highest quality organic supplement and body care products at a fair price to support a journey to optimum health and wellness. Catering to all ages, Get Healthy places special emphasis on children's wellness and also stocks many vegan and cruelty free products."

October 22, 2011

Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken.

Hello all,

Another week has gone by and I'm ready to give my fellow readers some updates. Today's topic is B.E.A.U.T.Y.... it is not just in the eye of the beholder, it is in anything and everything. Take care of it from the inside out.

Before I get into all that, I want to remind everyone of our GRAND OPENING that is holding place next Saturday 10/29/11 from 10am - 5pm at our store in Richboro, PA.

Come show your support and curiosity... lots of samples to be given out, immunity packs, product vendors, balloons for the kids and free organic hot chocolate as well as apple cider.

Alright, now back to our topic of the day... beauty. Last week I talked about all the vitamins and supplements that I have had the honor of trying and working on my inside beauty. Today, I will be talking about all the products that I have been using that enhances outer beauty. Did you know that we also have lotions, shampoo/conditioners and make up! It's a girls paradise, and good for you too :) which is of course the best part.


Product #1: We will start out with my best seller and personal favorite....

Andalou Naturals "Full Volume" Lavender and Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner

Andalou Naturals Advanced Fruit Stem Cell Science improves hair follicle longevity and vitality for healthy hair from root to tip. Lavender gently refreshes, stimulating follicles and circulation. Biotin B-complex infuses essential protein for thicker, fuller strands, improved strength, texture and manageability for maximum volume and silky sheen. 100% Sulfate Free and Color Safe. Benefits: Fine, Limp, Thin Hair.


These two are AWESOME and are flying out of our store. They come highly recommended by myself as well as the people that have tried them. Anyone that knows me (especially my hair dresser) knows I have lots and lots of hair but it is fine so it looks "thinner", but with this shampoo as well as last weeks recommended hair supplements my hair is crazy thick and smells awesome! I can't lie, I'm a lavender freak so that was just an added bonus to all these benefits. You can't go wrong with this pair of shampoo and conditioner.

(P.s. I usually could only go 1 day without washing my hair because it gets greasy pretty easily... with this shampoo and conditioner I went as far as 3 days without washing and my hair still looked and smelled perfect!) 

*** Also available in healthy shine formula and moisture formula. 


Product #2: Face Wash
 
Andalou Naturals "Apricot Pro-biotic" Cleansing Milk 

Andalou Naturals Advanced Fruit Stem Cell Science renews skin at the cellular level, blending nature and knowledge for visible Age Defying results. Advanced Fruit Stem Cells blended with replenishing pro biotic complex to boost healthy micro flora for improved immunity, as nourishing apricot and borage oils gently loosen and remove make-up and impurities, restoring intracellular moisture. For clean, nourished skin and a restored complexion. Results: Age Defying.
I have been using this face wash for about two weeks now and really like it's soft silk milky texture. It feels like washing with lotion in a way, which is good for me because I have very dry skin, especially in the winter time. This product smells awesome and works! I no longer get those little white head bumps anymore and rarely break out at all. Granted it has only been two weeks but my skin has definitely cleared up since starting to use this cleansing milk. Added bonus... age defying... because it adds so much moisture back into your skin. 

*** Also available in Brightening: for combination skin, and Clarifying: for normal to oily skin.
 
Product #3: Under Eye Cream

"Nourishing Eye Gel" by Beauty Without Cruelty

This "cooling" under eye gel is great. I've always been looking for something to get rid of those dark circles after a night of not getting enough sleep and to get rid of those signs of aging around the eyes that everyone is so afraid of. Well, product found. BWC's Eye Gel helps diminish fine lines and prevents signs of aging with nourishing green tea as well as other organic and VEGAN products. It also has that cooling effect when you put it on, which reduces puffiness and makes the skin around my eyes feel amazing. I use this product in the morning after having washed my face and then again right before I go to bed. It has done it's job and my boyfriend even likes to steal it and use it on his own eyes. Men!  
 
 
Product #4:  Let's talk makeup.


"Flower Color" cover up by Ecco Bella

Ecco Bella is our organic (mostly vegan) cosmetic line that we carry at Get Healthy. These products range from eye shadow, lotions to mascara, lip stick, lip gloss, etc. What I'm going to tell you about right now is the product I started using from this brand, and that is their cover-up. "Flower Color" comes in two variations, beige and medium beige. I chose the beige because I wanted a lighter cover up for ultimate coverage. It is easy on the skin, non greasy, good coverage, chemical-free, fragrance-free. Gluten-free. Mistake-proof color.  Not vegan, contains beeswax. It is surprisingly very smooth and moisturizing for a cover up. Most of the ones I had bought in stores during previous years always seemed sort of cakey and dry, but this product is just the opposite so I'm sticking with it. Flower Color does the job it is intended for and that is to provide me with ultimate coverage.


Product #5: Shower Gel

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in "Lavender"

Like I stated earlier, the more lavender scented things the better. I just love the relaxing smell and people always compliment that I "smell good" so there must be something there ;)


A relaxing fragrance for tired and stressed-out souls lavender calms the nerves and soothes the body. Perfect just before bedtime or to start your day out with a tranquil peace of mind. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.

These soaps come in many different fragrances that all smell phenomenal. They lather nicely and leave skin feeling clean and refreshed. What more could you ask for in a shower gel?

*** Liquid and Bar Soaps available.








And there you have it, five of my top favorite beauty products up to date. Check back next week for more updates and don't forget to stop in on Saturday the 29th for our Grand Opening. See you there :)

Yours Truly,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment